Tuesday, November 15, 2011

No TEACUP for Teacup Tuesday

I don't have any lovely or eloquent teacups to show, but 
I would like to share with you a couple of wonderful
things I found at an antique store.

I call them Ling-Ling and Shi-Shu. I have had them for
a very long time. Some time ago, when I had time to 
create lovely things, I purchased antiqued what-nots
to add to my creations. Before I could use Ling-Ling
and Shi-Shu for an art project, I had to be swept away 
into the corporate world never to have time to create
another art piece.

They are a couple of very adorable pieces.
I am not sure, but are they Japanese or Chinese?

I don't remember Ling-Ling's face being like this and I
wonder if it would be OK for me to touch her up.
I am not sure if that would "de-face" her, so to speak.
What do you think?

And Shi-Shu looks like he has a milk mustache now.
LOL!

It seemed appropriate to introduce Ling-Ling and Shi-Shu
so that I can introduce a tea...

This is TAZO, "The Reincarnation of Tea"
It is said that various herbs and natural remedies such as green tea
may be helpful in reducing symptoms and preventing acid reflux.
Of course, caffeine can be a factor, so you might have to go
with the decaffeinated kind.
Before using herbs and medicinal teas, check with your health
practitioner to be sure they are right for your condition.

It says it all on the tea bag.
The Chinese have used green tea medicinally for centuries.
According to research, green tea possesses properties that may
be helpful in reducing symptoms of acid reflux,
esophageal cancer, and Barrett's esophagus
This green tea sounds DIVINE!
I love this tea. With a flavor of lemongrass and spearmint
sets this green tea to sooth what ails you.

Lemongrass research shows that it has properties to
kill cancer cells in vitro,while leaving healthy cells unharmed.
And it seems that Spearmint has some great properties, too.

And you can have this fantastic tea, hot or cold.

Here's to your health!

I am linking today with Cottage and Creek.

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to try your tea suggestion, Brenda. It sounds very satisfying and calming. Your little collectible Asian girls are charming too. But your granddaughters really steal the show. They are precious! How blessed you are. I loved my visit today. Have a wonderful day.
    Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think from the dresses they wore most likely they're chinese figurines and i love the sounds of lemongrass and spearmint..chinese herbal tea are my fave as they give the effect of soothing, i'm late for posting my tea time, i'll join tea time again hopefully next tuesday :)

    lovely photos as usual brenda and thanks for sharing it with us!

    x susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brenda,
    your little chinese figurines are so perfect for this tea post. The tea ingredients sound really interesting and healthy.
    Your little Granddaughters are beauties and look so happy as kids can ever be. You are certainly a lovely Grandmother.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. The figurines are darling, Brenda! I liked the info on the Lemongrass and herbal teas. I drink green tea quite often in the mornings.

    Have a superb day,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Chinese? figurines are really cute, Brenda, and the tea does sound good. The lemongrass especially does. Thanks for sharing today.

    Blesings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete