Monday, May 21, 2012

In My Garden - Mosaic Monday




I am joining Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.
She has AWESOME pictures to show. Hit Little Red House
and pay her a visit.




I've had her for over 20 years. The weather is
starting to get to her. I need to find a way
to help preserve her. If anyone has any
great ideas on how to do that
please let me know.

 When I was growing up
my father would never let me work in the yard.
"It was a MAN'S job," he would tell me.
It was always my brothers chores to do.
I got to help my mother in the
vegetable garden and the flower beds.
But taking care of the yard was not to
be my responsibility. 

I found out later as I grew up
that when I worked in the yard
I would end up with such migraine headaches.
It would take me a couple of days to recover.
What do you think would cause that?
Maybe not drinking enough water?
Too much lifting and bending?
I do harder stuff in the gym!
Maybe it's the HEAT and the HUMIDITY! 

Oh well.....



My discovery over the weekend




5 comments:

  1. Celery does look pretty all cut up in the frig in a glass container doesn't it? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, Great post. Love all of your mosaics...The celery flower is pretty!!!! Love the Bali Angel. I'm sure you can find something to clean it.

    I don't know what is causing your headaches when working in the yard. Maybe you have an allergy to grass....?????? I love working in the yard ---and glad I can do it.

    Have a great Tuesday.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your collage of the the leaves -- it's beautiful. I hope you can find a way to preserve your angel. I really like your celery discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collages..I like your Bali angel (though not to sure how to preserve it).
    That is a shame about the headaches..guess it could be de-hydration or hayfever?
    Great idea about the celery. I just wash the whole bunch of celery, and cut it up all together in the bunch (for when adding small amounts to meals)..it works out great.
    Have a good day :)
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collage, too...and your angel is unique and watchful over your garden. Since she's wood you will have to protect her with some sort of coating. I would go to Home Depot or somewhere like that and ask them.

    Do you still get the headaches? Yes, I agree it could be a combination of a few things...lack of water, allergies, etc. but I'm also curious to think that it may also with the others be a product of subconsciously believing that you are going against what your father's beliefs were (?)...it's a possibility.

    ReplyDelete