Monday, May 7, 2012

Marilyn Mosaic

There was a wonderful documentary on TV the other evening about Lawrence Schiller. Mr Schiller is a noted American film producer, director and screenwriter. Mr. Schiller is an AMAZING photographer. He was born in 1936. Through his life he won many awards. In 1953 he began publishing in Sport magazine and the New York Times. He was very successful at a very young age. He is the man that took the very last photos of Marilyn Monroe.

I took these pictures from off my TV. 

Mr. Schiller spoke of how gentle and vulnerable she was. How calm she seemed. 
She told him that she would tell him when to take the photos; 
what would work and what wouldn't. I believe we all were very fascinated by her. 
She had such an amazing beauty that I think she didn't even know what to do about it, 
or how to handle it to where she could be happy in this life. 
She always wanted to be known for her talent, 
but everyone was more concerned about her looks 
and I believe it lead her to more trouble than she really wanted.

Mr. Schiller, you took the most amazing photos of 
Marilyn and I thank you. 
I, too, always admired her beauty and charm.

I would like to join Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.

All photos copyright of Lawrence Schiller. 
I took pictures of his photos from my TV.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet and poignant post, Brenda. These photos are very beautiful and capture much of who she was. I think you are right when you say that she didn't know what to do with her beauty in order to lead a happier life. She allowed men to use her vulnerability, and most likely it got out of hand for her.

    Thanks for the memories,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete