Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Soothe the Body, Mind, and Soul




I told you sometime ago that I would give you some information about the benefits of Epsom salt.
So what is it and where does it come from?

Epsom salt is named for this bitter saline spring at Epsom in Surrey, England.
Although it is not actually salt but a naturally occuring pure mineral compound
of magnesium and sulfate. It has long been known as a natural remedy
in many ailments. I am told that not only can it be used for health benefits, but
also for beauty, household, and gardening-related uses; which the last three
can be talked about in a later post.

 
Many studies have shown that magnesium and sulfate are both
readily absorbed through the skin. Putting some Epsom salt
into your bath is an easy and ideal way to enjoy the amazing
health benefits. 
 
Studies have shown that magnesium
plays a number of roles in the body including regulating the activity
of over 325 enzymes, reducing inflammation
helping muscle and nerve function 
and helping to prevent artery hardening.
There are COUNTLESS health benefits of Epsom salt:
relaxing the nervous system, curing skin problems, soothing back pain
and aching limbs, easing muscle strain, healing cuts, treating colds
and congestion, and drawing toxins from the body. Also
for easing bronchial asthma and migraine headaches.
Proper magnesium and sulfate levels increase the effectivenss
of insulin in the body, helping to lower the risk or severity of diabetes.

For improving the absorption of nutrients, flush toxins and help
ease migraine headaches - that's what sulfates are for!

Many, MANY powerful, healthful benefits of magnesium and sulfates!


Since I have been dealing with adrenal fatigue and I am exhausted 
most of time, I have been searching ways to ease stress and to
relax my body. Stress DRAINS the body of magnesium
and increases levels of adrenaline. So you just fill your tub 
with warm water pour in a litte Epsom salt and soak your worries away...

The Epsom salt is absorbed through the skin and replenishses 
the level of magnesium in the body. Research shows that magnesium 
helps to produce serotonin, a mood elevating chemical within the brain
 that creates a feeling of calm and relaxation. Now THAT'S easing stress!
Not only does it make you feel relaxed but it helps to lower blood
pressure, improves sleep (which I am in need of), concentration,
and help muscles and nerves to function properly.

Experts believe that bathing with Epsom salt at least three times
a week helps you to look better, feel better, and gain more energy.
After you relax for a while in the nice warm tub, expholiate
to give your body good circulation and a nice warm glow.
You'll LOVE yourself for it!!

Here's to your health!


2 comments:

  1. I keep Epsom salt in my cabinet! Ooh, I will have to print this post out for my ladies in my bible study class. They will love it. Brenda, thanks from the bottom of my heart for your sweet comments! What a blessing to be able to share with other sisters in Christ. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda thanks. The doctor was telling me to soak in Epsom salts to help heal my rib. I haven't yet, but now really want to. I knew it had magnesium, but I wasn't totally filled in on the the combination of mag and sulfate and the total benefits.

    Have a great day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete