Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sunrise is Tea Time



I love waking up early in the mornings.

I love seeing the sun rise.
I feel so close to God during those mornings.

Mornings like this give me a chance to take deep breaths.
Mornings like this help to calm my soul.

It's good to have time to stop and enjoy a moment.
It's good to look back on your day and be thankful.

And then I love watching the sun go down in the evenings.

The evening sunsets show me that God is all around me.

The evening sunsets show me God's love and His beauty.


Come Here Child

Come here Child and I will give you life,
And that Two Edged Sword that cuts like a knife,
Bountiful Living Waters to never thirst again.
Open your heart for your life to begin.

Come here Child and listen to my voice,
Strong and powerful for the right choice,
Faith beyond measure and Mercy abound,
Grace to be sufficient for a life so sound.

Come here Child and experience the Love,
Sincere peacefulness given to you from above,
Freedom from all sin and a heart full of joy,
Power against Satan who is here to destroy.

Come here Child and see who Heaven is for.
Only for my loving creation that I so adore.
But it is your choice and your choice alone.
I ask with eagerness that you don’t postpone.


Here's to your health!

I would like to join Martha's Favorites again for tea time! She's also having another giveaway, so pay her a visit, sign up for the giveaway and tell her I said HI...

Photos by Brenda Stevens
Poem by Brenda Stevens, Copyright © 2008

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love these pictures! So beautiful! Did you write that poem? I love it. May I use it for my ladies in my Bible study class? Hugs and blessings, Cindy
    creationsbycindy@nefcom.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, the photos are lovely, and the poem so beautiful..I know you wrote it. Your poem has such a power message. Power given to us - within us. I hope we can really understand how powerful we are when we live from that faith of understanding.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunrises and sunsets are always gorgeous. These are lovely photos, especially the first one with the bird flying through the air. Thanks for sharing, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures Brenda, so wonderful! hope you have a fantastic week sweetie :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Cindy. Yes, I did write the poem and YES you may use it for your ladies Bible study. I would be honored. I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen the Texas sky in the morning along the gulf and it is glorious! Then, another beautiful show as the sun sets. I love the Texas sky any time of the year! A wonderful poem and very meaningful for Mother's day! You are an excellent writer!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so lovely! Clouds are one of my favorite things to pass the time observing.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete