Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tea for Two




Back in February, my dear friend, Marianne from Leisure Lane, called me and said that she had two beautiful tea mugs that she wanted to give me. They are really beautiful!

The hearts are just so fabulous on them. So Marianne and I talked about trying to meet with each other so she could give me these beautiful tea mugs. We could just never find the time...

So February came and went....
Marianne and I are now on different time schedules. We talk about one day we will get to see each other again. We do talk on the phone, and email one another, and now we blog together, but it seems like we can never get our time schedules to be the same to where we can actually see each other.

So March came and went....
We just knew that one day we would get some time to really see each other. It's amazing to me how our lives get so busy that it's become so hard to even see a good friend that just lives down the road. She would always remind me that she still has those beautiful tea mugs that one day she wants to give them to me. I would say, "I can't wait to see them; or maybe I can..."  I said that because it was taking so long for us to find time to see each other. I would just have to wait until we could work that out.

So now it is April! Will we ever find time to see each other?  It has turned out that Marianne MAILED me the two tea mugs with some very beautiful little pillows. Aren't they just darling? I can tell that the gift is filled with lots of love. Although we never got to see each other, she took the time to mail them to me. I love you, Marianne. And one day it's going to work out for us to actually see each other.

YES, the tea mugs and the pillows are delightful!! So red and so cheery! So I decided it was time to have a tea party and I invited some good friends over to enjoy these beautiful tea mugs. Too bad that Marianne didn't have the time to enjoy this with us.





Barbie and friends couldn't have had a better time!! They dearly loved the little tea mugs.

You see the tiny little mugs are very small. My granddaughters haven't been back to my house to see them yet. Doodles had pneumonia last week and we decided to give her another week of recovery before she and Little Bit come back to play. They are going to be so excited!!  I LOVE the tea mugs, Marianne!! YOU are such a wonderful friend and ONE DAY we are going to get to see each other again. Thank you for the tea set and thank you for your friendship!

Take time and hug your friend today, before you get to where you don't even get to see her...


As always, I would like to join Martha at Martha's Favorites for her teatime No. 110! And her teammate, Terri at Artful Affirmations. These ladies are always such a delight to visit.

Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage always has beautiful tea sets and you can't help but love her photos.

Here's to your health!

5 comments:

  1. How sweet! Oh what a darling friend you have. They are adorable and the grands will enjoy them I am sure! Thanks for sharing this sweet post about friendship! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm glad you received them finally!!! What a nice little tea party and I'm there in spirit. I love you, too, my friend.

    Have a fun, fun day,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful tea cups. Your granddaughters will love them. I hope you and Marianne get to have a face-to-face meeting in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. luved to see the size comparison ! so cute ~ enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Brenda, I thought the tea cups were big until I saw how little they were. And the sweet Barbies!!! Do you know that I used to spend hours playing with Barbies at my friend's house when I was young? You have brought back some sweet memories for me. Thank you. What a special gift this is from your friend.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete