Monday, June 18, 2012

Mosaic Monday; Many Things



 Sorry I missed out on posting anything last week. We had a family member that had brain surgery. We traveled there to help out in any way that we could. She is 18 years old and had been complaining of headaches since she was about 6 years old. Doctors couldn't find anything wrong with her. During all that time she remained a straight A student. FINALLY, a doctor noticed something! Her brain had slid down
off her skull to the back of her head. She had starting blacking out from the pressure. It was time now to correct it. I told my husband that maybe it wasn't meant to be seen when she was very young. Maybe having surgery at a young age might not have been good for her. I don't know...I would like to think it was in God's good timing. She goes in for a  5 hour surgery and in three days she's back home. She is doing really well!!
(The picture of her here was taken a couple of years ago.)



I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day! 
My father had passed away several years ago. 
I dearly miss him today.
He was a great father and a wonderful grandfather!
We all miss him...


Other Happenings:
Houston got a mock Shuttle!
Everyone is very excited about it.
This one can be used at NASA
for demonstrations as to how the
shuttle works. Kids can pretend to
go to space! Still wish we could have
gotten one of the real ones...


We decided to drive by where it was docked.
It was amazing seeing it there.

The next morning, I got up and just had to take a better look.


I would like to join Little Red House for
Mosaic Monday. Mary is an AMAZING
Photographer! Go pay her a visit. Don't
just look at one posting; LOOK AT 
THEM ALL! Her photos are FABULOUS!

Here's to your health!

5 comments:

  1. So glad your family member is doing well. Thank the Lord! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, welcome back! Glad to hear your relative is in good shape now, and on her way to healing. She certainly is a pretty girl.

    As one who also lives here, I'm not as excited about the mock shuttle. You think, after all the NASA area has been through, the good and the tragic operations, I feel we should have received a real one. It's the least that could have been done. I mean being given a mock shuttle is a real mockery to the men and women who gave their time, talent and some of them their lives to the space community. Not to mention the outstanding loss of jobs at NASA thanks to our current 'leader'. Anyway, that's my opinion on it.

    Again, glad you're back. Looking forward to more great posts.

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would have gone out to see the mock shuttle too if we lived your area, how exciting. Although, after reading the comment above, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brenda, What a scary thing for that young girl to go through. I am so happy that they found it and that she is doing well. Sweet tribute to your father. My father died when I was only 9 months old so my step father was like a father to me. He was a kind and gentle man and I miss him. I am happy that you found me because now I found you and will be following your sweet blog. I am leaving you a link to a post with a little more about my pondless waterfall. I appreciate you visiting my guest post at The Thrifty Groove.
    Hugs,
    Jann
    p.s. Heres the link http://www.jannolson.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-sweet-sound.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say that I loved your mosaic. lol!
    double hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete