Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Healthy YUMMY Breakfast; FRENCH TOAST

I am always looking for better ways to serve healthy foods. I made this breakfast the other morning that is not only DELICIOUS, but also healthy.  I used Oatnut bread, dipped in eggs and Mootopia (HEB Brand) high protein milk and put them on the griddle, turning them a couple of times and placed on a plate. I cut up fresh strawberries and added the blueberries and placed some on top of the French Toast. And don't forget to sprinkle on the cinnamon! Cinnamon helps regulate your blood sugar. I used the sugar free syrup for this breakfast, but also "drizzling" maple syrup is also good, but not too much.  I also sprinkled just a little of the powered sugar over my toast, but remember to go light.  Maybe if you are using maple syrup, skip the powered sugar.  VOILA! A great healthy meal!

The Lord heals your diseases, redeems your life from the pit, satisfies you with good, shows compassion to his children, and knows your frame. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
Psalm 103:3-14

1 comment:

  1. Yummy breakfast! You are showing us how it's possible to eat healthfully and still have yummy foods.

    Joy,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete