Friday, September 23, 2011

Leftovers for Lunch - Make it Healthy!!






All those wonderful vegetables I had left from the other night's dinner, was used for leftovers for the next day's lunch. I had made my son turkey tacos also the day before and used that to add to my veggies. So within this awesome bowl are caramelized white onions, portobello mushrooms, zucchinis, broccoli, and corn. The taco meat set it off with a bound of flavor. AND IT'S HEALTHY!!

Try to make better choices everyday. Maybe it's not about dieting. Maybe it's just about eating healthy foods everyday!  Instead of snacking on chips, eat carrots instead.  When needing a little chocolate, drink a double rich chocolate protein shake or have a piece of fruit. For exercise, take walks in the park, or stroll through your neighborhood. If you can't get out, just walk around your coffee table. You might think that is funny; but you would be surprised at how much exercise you are getting. Turn on some music and dance around the house! I guess what I am trying to tell "myself" is GET OFF THE COUCH AND GET A LIFE!!

The Lord heals your diseases, redeems your life from the pit, satisfies you with good, shows compassion to his children, and knows your frame. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
Psalm 103: 3-14

5 comments:

  1. Your dishes always make me hungry. Yes, I remember dancing around the house, I should do it
    again. It really is a great way to get some cardio and burn calories.

    Have a great day,
    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing tastes better than healthy food! your lunch looks soo yummylicious! i agree with you and my husband always tell me the same that i should eat healthy food instead of nibbling chocolates and chips hahaha and yes i've been trying to do that this week though it's easier said than done when you have stocked up your fridge and nibbling basket with lots of junk and unhealthy stuff and they're staring at you and i just dont have the heart to throw them away! i also have started walking around the neighborhood but when i dont go out coz it's raining i just go up and down the stairs while cleaning the house but dancing around the house sounds very exciting! thanks for sharing! x susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Brenda,

    I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Wishing you all the best.

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been inspired to eat healthier and your post was added confirmation. Congratulations on winning the Liebster Blog Award too. Have a lovely week!
    ~Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, Miss Tea, when I've got "junk" food in the cabinets, they tend to call my name and that's why I can't have them in my house! LOL! I know that on your next grocery run, you will be thinking healthy thoughts and make better choices for you and your hubby. It is GREAT that you have started walking and taking the stairs and DANCING is exciting!!
    Thank you, Marianne, for the nomination. It is nice to be appreciated for something we do! I will try my best to pass it on.
    Welcome, Lynn, to Memory La La Lane! And congratulations on your nomination also! I know that we will have great things to share!!
    God's blessings to you all,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete