Tuesday, October 11, 2011

TOTALLY TEA TIME!!

I found a beautifully little tea set at one of our neighborhood garage sales that I have absolutely fell in love with. This one has a set of six cups and six saucers and all the cups have different designs and they are made of porcelain.
You can tell how small the set is by the mint that is placed on the plate. What a beautiful little set!! I just love them.
The table that my beautiful set is placed on was designed and built by my wonderful musician husband. All the tables that he creates are in the design of guitars. Some day I will have to show you some of his art.

This beautiful little set is from Germany. The teacups and saucers are manufactured by Konigliche Manufaktur and the "artist" or creator is C. Bavaria. Altenkirchen is a district in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany according to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altenkirchen_%28district%29.  I wonder if this beautiful set is from that district.

I had also seen on another website (but failed to save that information) where there were more porcelain from Kongliche that had marks by Bavaria and the handles were all different. I wonder if this is THE style of the creator; each piece unique of being in the same set, but all different designs, just as these cups are painted different, but in the same set.
Another piece of information was found on Michael C. Fina website:
"Konigliche Porzellan-Manufaktur treasures porcelain as if it were "white gold." Frederick the Great, the Prussian King, shared the same rapture and he gave Konigliche Porzellan-Manufaktur his name and symbol.

Clinging to the age-old tradition, the Konigliche Porzellan-Manufaktur porcelain is still shaped by hand and elaborately painted in Berlin."

Hope you enjoyed this beautiful little set. I know I sure do.

Here's to your health!

9 comments:

  1. I do like your set, Brenda - it's very colorful and cheery, and I like the different designs on the cups. I also like the shape of the sauces - like daisies.

    I remember our little tea times while our boys played together...I wish you had these then.

    Blessings,
    Marianne xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling tea set, Brenda. The colors are so cheery - but then I love yellow and sunflowers. I love researching the history of things on the internet too. It's always so exciting to find you snagged a real treasure. Have a blessed day.
    :)Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Brenda,

    My aren't these such a cheerful and fun, brightly hued tea set! Love the sunflowers and the 'scallopy' shape of some of the saucers. Interesting to search out tidbits of their history on the internet also!.., Fun; good for you that you found such a delightful treasure!

    Cheers and hugs Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brenda,
    Well, these are so cute with their scalloped saucers! They are perfect for the season. I always enjoy learning the history of cups and china. Thank you for sharing this on Tea Tuesday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, are those perfect for fall or what! The vibrant colors are so pretty together. The plate with it's fancy edge really makes them extra special. Great find!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brenda: What a great set of tea cups. I love the shape of the saucers. Thank you so much for joining Tea Cup Tuesday. I hope that you will make us a habit. I have become your newest follower. Look forward to many more visits. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tea set makes me smile. What a find for you. I can imagine the conversation shared as you and friends & family sip tea from these little cups.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore the tea set you have! beautiful shape of the saucers and the lovely different pictures on the teacups, the colors are so cheerful and beautiful! loving the table setting you made too! yes please do show us more of your beloved husband's art! lovely tea time!

    love,
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you like this set. It's rather fun that everything coordinates but that there's variety in the patterns.

    ReplyDelete